Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What happens in Vegas...




I just got back from Las Vegas. It's not what you think.
There were no slot machines, strip clubs or buffets. Vegas has a different meaning to me. Its where I learned to bloom in the desert.
My beautiful friends are there. You know... those friends who make you want to be something greater than you are?
Yes. I learned a great deal about myself and who I want to be, in the desert.
My family is there. How I miss them. My brother and his family. My son.
Now when things get a bit too hot, I remember my roots that are firmly planted in hard packed soil.

2 comments:

* said...

love your thoughts. Love you. the visit was great. Come and crash with us any time, sis.

Amy Jones said...

i love that you are blogging more. let's take a trip to Vegas!